A work package is a set of information about one or more required products collated by the project manager to pass responsibility for work or delivery formally to a team manager or team member.
The following quality criteria apply to the work package:
- The required work package is clearly defined and understood by the assigned resource.
- There is a product description for each required product, with clearly identified and acceptable quality criteria.
- The product description(s) matches up with the other work package documentation.
- Standards for the work are agreed.
- The defined standards are in line with those applied to similar products.
- All necessary interfaces have been defined.
- The reporting arrangements include the provision for raising issues and risks.
- There is agreement between the project manager and the recipient on exactly what is to
- There is agreement on the constraints, including effort, cost and targets.
- The dates and effort are in line with those shown in the stage plan for the current
- Reporting arrangements are defined.
- Any requirement for independent attendance at, and participation in, quality activities