Issue Register Template. The purpose of the issue register is to capture and maintain information on all the issues that are being formally managed. The issue register should be monitored by the project manager on a regular basis.
Following quality criteria apply to an issue register:
- The status indicates whether action has been taken.
- The issues are uniquely identified, including information about which product they refer to.
- A process is defined by which the issue register is to be updated.
- Entries on the issue register that, upon examination, are in fact risks, are transferred to the risk register and the entries annotated accordingly.
- Access to the issue register is controlled and the register is kept in a safe place.