The lessons log is a project repository for lessons that apply to this project or future projects. Some lessons may originate from other projects and should be captured on the lessons log for input to the project’s approaches and plans. Some lessons may originate from within the project, where new experience (both good and bad) can be passed on to others.
The following quality criteria apply to the lessons log:
- The status indicates whether action has been taken.
- Lessons are uniquely identified, including to which product they refer.
- A process is defined by which the lessons log is to be updated.
- Access to the lessons log is controlled.
- The lessons log is kept in a safe place.