An end project report is used during project closure to review how the project performed against the version of the PID used to authorize it. It also allows the passing on of:
- Any lessons that can be usefully applied to other projects.
- Details of unfinished work. Ongoing risks or potential product modifications to the group charged with future support of the project product in its operational life.
The following quality criteria apply to an end project report:
- Any abnormal situations are described, together with their impact.
- At the end of the project, all issues should either be closed or become the subject of a follow-on action recommendation.
- Any available useful documentation or evidence should accompany the follow-on action recommendation(s).
- Any appointed project assurance roles should agree with the report.